Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


I have decided that Valentine's day must have been created by chocolatiers. It is in no way a day when you can focus on healthy eating & exercise. (Does being on my feet in the kitchen all day count??) All I see when I go out are bigger & bigger boxes of chocolate in any flavor or assortment you could possibly want. Is that really what people want? Personally, I'll take the flowers & getting to spend time with my husband over the sugar high any day.

That being said.... this year I decided I was going to make my husband a gourmet dinner. I roasted my very first chicken, had roasted veggies & citrus fruits, made mashed potatoes & crescent rolls.. then came dessert. I made homemade truffles & a red velvet bunt cake surrounded by mini cakes all decorated in cream cheese icing. Yup, that is a picture of the plate I made. So pretty & yummy! This is not a menu for anyone trying to lose weight!

It would be fine, except tomorrow hubby gets on a plane & won't be taking all these sweets to work so I don't eat them. I will be alone... for a week... with all of this tempting me. I have already made a goody bag for hubby to take on the plane, but there is still lots left. Therefore, I have decided to go visit someone & take dessert. Not sure who will be the lucky person yet. Probably my dad. That seems like a good gift right??

Please don't let me be stuck with all of this!! It was so pretty & fun to make, but horrible for my hips!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment